Thursday, September 25, 2008

{lucky denver mint}

I thought I'd share my morning. So, this morning my father asked me to sort out car insurance and road tax for two of his cars. So, off we went in the Previa to the IBB bank in Seria at 9am to sort out the insurance. Ahmad and I were there for probably half an hour before we were done. On the way back home, we bought (expensive) tomatoes at Supa Save.

Back home, I got into the Land Cruiser while Ahmad sped off with the Previa. He obviously got the the Land Transport Department in KB first. I parked in the wrong place, near where you sort out your licences, while I should've parked near the other office, where you renew your road tax. So I had to walk back to the car and move it.

We went in ... and took the wrong number. Both the Previa and the Land Cruiser are about 12 years old or so now and so you need to have them inspected before you get to renew their road taxes. So after needlessly waiting for about a quarter of an hour, we took the number for inspections and were served almost immediately. I met Rodman Tan, our O-level Biology tutor there. He happened to know how things work ... he came after us but left before! So much for a novice like me.

Hj. Tinggal, the man who examined me for my driving licence, quickly inspected both our cars and gave them the good-to-go. So we went back in and waited for I don't know how many minutes before I got to finish everything. On the way back I picked up Shu'aib from his school (my school too) and there was 3 hours of my morning gone. Maybe 2 and a half had we read instructions more carefully.

Oh and I have no pics but I wish I had.

No comments: