Sunday, September 28, 2008

{sweetness}

I try to wash my car every week. Most times I succeed, but it has occured once that I didn't do it for almost a month. When I clean my car, I insist on doing both its inside and out. I almost always do it alone, and I've never brought it somewhere else and paid to have it cleaned. Not that I love my money so much, but we always clean our own cars.

First, I take out a cloth which I keep in the boot and use it to wipe all interior surfaces: dashboard, sides, etc. After that, I take out the foot mats and 'rampak' them (give me the word!). I hoover the seats and the car floor, all the time with loud music coming from the car stereo. After that, I put the mats back in.

I then switch the stereo off, close all the doors and raise the wipers. Sorry conservationists, a lot of us still use the garden hose when washing the car and when gardening, myself included. I give the car a bit of a shower, whilst removing any loose dirt and grime with my hands. Then comes the sponge and shampoo. Then I rinse the shampoo off, and wipe the car dry with what do you call it? That absorbent material that you use to wipe the car dry. Haha

If I 'chill-chill' then I'll have it done in an hour. If I work hard at it, hmm.. The whole thing might probably take between half an hour to 45 minutes. I know, slow. I then put the wipers back down and move the car back into the garage. And oh, I do the wheels as well and sometimes after the car has dried I do the tyres too. You know, shine them up.

No comments: