Thursday, August 14, 2008

{1128}

Hey all.. So here I am again, telling another story of how things are today. I feel empowered all the more often these days. I think the biggest naysayer in my life is myself. Why's that? When everyone else is telling me that I can make it, that there's probably no one else who could do it better. Maybe it's because it's natural for you to doubt yourself - that's why there are so many self-help books out there that try to teach you how to think positively. Or maybe it's because I'm a pessimistic person. I've always answered "half-empty" in response to the half-glass of milk/water/whatever question. I've got people telling me that I think too much. That I worry too much. I admit that's true. It's created unneccessary stress for myself at the wrong times. But it has also served me well throughout the years. It has surfaced in the form of paying attention to detail. Well if you ask me, paying attention to detail and thinking too much come together. People who are into detail think a lot, right? But most people aren't so extreme in thinking, I think. I think about everything (most things). I go over events in my head. I visualise processes, decisions and consequences.. Okay, back to tadi: paying attention to detail has helped me get good grades. Most people just breeze over their notes. Those that don't do this tend to focus too much on one topic or the other. This is connected to study method/skill but do you get the idea? It's also connected to knowing what you should know for the exam, and all this stuff comes under a completely different subject but the idea is that when you pay attention to detail and you remember all the little bits and pieces that other people just breeze over, then you can answer those questions that require knowledge of these little bits and pieces.. You might say my theory is all made-up, well yeah, I never did any research on this so I made it up. But it feels kinda true you know. And yeah another good thing about paying attention to detail is that you've got all this trivia in your head. Like when you listen to conversations or read the paper or hear the news or watch the news then you pick up all this stuff about how whites will be a minority in America in 2040 or smth like that. Yes, I heard that on the news. Okay, it is news. It's not trivia. But just imagine it is trivia. Then you can say to yourself, hey, I know a lot of trivia about the world today and it makes you feel wealthy of knowledge even though you might never be tested for it. So this post was mainly about how I felt about something and I can hardly understand half of what I just typed. But nevermind. I feel empowered. That's the most important thing. I know I can pull through. Not pull through as in C C Cs, 'cause I'm aiming for higher. I know I can pull through with A A A a. 'Cause I've got the desire. And the discipline. And I will prevail. Insya-Allah. I will do my utmost best, and I won't worry nor will I look back. I might have been thinking and worrying too much before, but not now. I'm just focused on what's ahead. I'm doing my part. The rest is in His hands.

No comments: