Saturday, August 16, 2008

{can i not have a title?}

So here I am, past midnight and wanting to blog. I had the opportunity tonight to watch The Dark Knight which was released half a decade ago (exaggeration). Alright, everyone's watched it. And now I can say, so have I.. Hahaha

So anyway, I had high expectations right from the start, seeing how many overwhelmingly positive reviews the movie has gotten. I remember me and my friend talking about it even last year - imagine the hype. And basically everyone has basically either said it's a great watch or it's the best superhero movie ever. The Brunei Times' movie review (which comes out once a week I guess) gave it a 9/10 - not a rating given very often. So.. naturally when you have a best friend who says it's a really good movie and your interests are both much alike, you'd think the movie would really suit you too.

So now you'd expect me to say I disagree with all of it and that the movie was bad. No, I won't say that. I'll say it was good, but not great. It came across to me just like most other movies. Gasp now. Point your index finger. How could I? I admit it's probably bad taste. I almost always go against public opinion and the movie reviews. Not to mention that I was trying to ignore my bladder for the latter half of the movie.

On the plus side, I really liked the dialogues in The Dark Knight. You could feel that there was meaning in the conversations, unlike in other movies where the characters like, talk nonsense. I think it was philosophic. And I particularly liked Alfred, and all the scenes with the high-tech stuff in it. At the end of it all, for me, I want to come away from movies feeling empowered, no matter if it was a comedy or an action film. And I guess I came away empowered today.

No comments: